Mother's day gift - in a very real sense


Recently, we got new neighbors. Rahul & Jaya(our neighbors) have 3 really adorable kids & Jaya is really loving, devoted mom. Their youngest daughter is of 7 yrs & she instantly became friend of my daughter who is of same age. Nowadays they spend so much time playing together & they both need little attention so we moms are also getting along with each other. Jaya is really charming person always smiling, no nonsense attitude & very very caring mom.

One day my daughter was playing at their house & as usual we ladies were talking. Suddenly I noticed there was one magnificent painting in the drawing room, Jaya told me she had made that painting. I was astonished because little bit art & craft things that ladies do/make are very common but this thing was something ......WOW. I wanted to ask Jaya how she learned it? is it her hobby?...... Before I ask anything she said she has so many other paintings. She immediately went inside & got something kind of  very big box or trunk. She started showing me her creativity, those paintings were really really amazing. She tried to explain me minute details of those paintings. I have always seen her smiling but today not only her lips but also her eyes were smiling. I could see a spark in her eyes.

Seeing all those paintings, kind of perfection in each painting, I could not stop myself from asking are you a professional artist ? All of sudden....... I could see sparkle of those eyes disappear. She said earlier she use to paint before her first kid was born 12 yrs back. After that she couldn't continue with her passion because raising 3 kids takes a little bit extra efforts. I further asked her but still, this kind of perfection do require some extra training/learning where she learned that from?............ While answering this time, she regain that sparkle in her eyes & a proud women  replied"I was gold medalist in BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) but".................. but this time those eyes' sparkle vanished along with her conscious for few seconds. A big pause & then we continued watching our kids playing.

Why this blog ??

 


This mother's day I watched "Pocket Mummy" - short film by humaramovie & could not stop myself from writing this on behalf of so many mummies who needs a little support/motivation from kids to stand on her feet.

Mother's day is over so tooo much love, respect, affection, selfie with mom or dinner/lunch date with mom, flowers, gifts etc. over till next year's May. Is that all you mom deserves for all these years of selfless dedication, love ? C'mon kids it's time for payback. She needs your help, support to find her real self, to be a real Jaya/girl/woman she use to be before all these responsibilities. Now she is no more confident but that doesn't mean she is no more capable. Please help her identify her real potential, her identity.

Why you & not your dad ? Well, if he would have felt it, by this time he would have taken some initiative. Either he doesn't feel it is needed or he just enjoys luxury of not taking any extra responsibilities of kids/household chores.

Kids you can give a real mother's day gift to your mom.....her confidence/ her identity / a woman - she perhaps wanted to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao........ After that what options she gets???